Earl Grey Aquavit Spritz
The mellow, floral sweetness of the honey syrup pairs perfectly a touch of lemon in this earl grey tea-infused spritz cocktail. Recipe by Ashtin Berry, Food & Wine.
What you’ll need…
- 750ml aquavit
- 1 lemon peel strip
- 2 tbsp Earl Grey tea leaves
- 178ml fresh lemon juice
- 178ml honey simple syrup
- 118ml water
- 8 dashes pear bitters
- 750ml (3 cans) No. 1 Sparkling White
- Garnish: Lemon and pear slices
How to make it…
- In a large pitcher, add 474ml Earl Grey–infused aquavit.
- Stir in lemon juice, honey simple syrup, water, and bitters.
- Refrigerate until chilled, 2 hours or up to overnight.
- Just before serving, stir in No. 1 Sparkling White carefully, so not to over fizz/spill.
- Serve over crushed ice in rocks glasses.
- Garnish servings with lemon and pear slices.
- Enjoy! Don’t forget to tag us in your creations on instagram.
Making tea infused aquavit…
- In a large bowl, stir together aquavit, lemon peel strip, and tea leaves.
- Let stand, uncovered, at room temperature 20 minutes.
- Pour mixture through a fine wire-mesh strainer into another large measuring cup or bowl; discard solids.
- Repeat straining procedure.
- Store in airtight container at room temperature up to 3 months.
Making Honey Syrup…
Combine honey and 2 tbsp. hot water in a lidded container like a jar; cover and shake to dissolve honey.