An easy-drinking aperitif made slightly more potent with the addition of gin. We’ve adapted Bon Appétit’s recipe.
What you’ll need…
¼ cup clover honey (for the honey syrup)
1½ cups gin
¾ cup fresh lime juice
½ cup Aperol or Cappelletti Angostura bitters
3 x cans No. 1 Sparkling White Wine
Garnish: 8 dried lemon wheels
How to make it…
- In two tumblers, add a couple of ice cubes.
- In a cocktail shaker, combine 6 tbsp gin, 3 tbsp fresh lime juice, 2 tbsp Aperol, 1 tbsp honey syrup, and 2 dashes of Angostura bitters.
- Fill shaker with ice.
- Cover and shake for about 30 seconds.
- Strain into 2 tumbler glasses.
- Top off each with No. 1 Sparkling White.
- Garnish with a dried lemon wheel.
- Repeat three more times to use all the ingredients.
- Enjoy! Don’t forget to tag us in your creations on instagram.
Making Honey Syrup…
Combine honey and 2 tbsp. hot water in a lidded container like a jar; cover and shake to dissolve honey.