The Rhythm & Booze Cocktail
The Rhythm & Booze cocktail recipe by Karen Newman from winemag.com. Courtesy of Hunter Ratliff, bartender, Alex&nder. Photo by Tom Arena.
How to make it…
- In bottom of large rocks glass, muddle brandied cherries. Add ice, and set aside.
- In cocktail shaker with ice, combine fruit juices, simple syrup, brandy and wine.
- Shake well, and strain into prepared glass.
- Garnish with brandied cherry.
- Enjoy! Don’t forget to tag us in your creations on instagram.
Making Brandied Cherries…
- Adapted from The Nomad Cocktail Book, by Leo Robitschek (Ten Speed Press, 2019)
- In saucepan, combine ½ cup sugar, 1 navel orange peel and 3 split vanilla beans with ¾ cup water.
- Bring to boil over high heat. Reduce to simmer, and add 2 cups washed and pitted Bing cherries. Cook to warm through, then remove from heat and stir in ½ cup aged brandy.
When cool, pour cherries and liquid into airtight container. Refrigerate at least 5 days before using. Kept in fridge, cherries will be good for 6 months, but taste best after 2 weeks.